Mask your way to gorgeous, glowy skin
We just love adding a mask to our skincare routines as a form of self care here at Calla Lane. There really is nothing that says beauty TLC like applying your favorite mask. Masks are designed to deliver high concentrations of active ingredients to your skin which can really help to give your skin a boost when it needs it.
The Esse masks offered at Calla Lane are powerful and results driven. They are designed to give your skin what it most needs while supporting your skin's natural microbiome. Their masks are formulated to address specific skin concerns. By infusing vitamins or including detoxifying clays, these targeted organic treatments can deliver powerful results. Read on for a deeper look at the two masks available.
The Esse Clay Mask
Detoxifies without drying.
This purifying mask revitalises dull, sallow skin. Ionised clay particles draw out heavy metals and toxins. It is beneficial for:
> all skin types
> acne & detox
> blackhead concerns
- This mask is pH balanced and organic to support a healthy skin microbiome.
- It brightens the complexion.
- It draws out impurities.
- It absorbs heavy metals and toxins.
- It leaves skin soft and supple.
- It is formulated using 99% natural 99% and 48% organic ingredients.
- Bentonite is a negatively charged clay that attracts and binds to heavy metals, toxins and impurities associated with environmental and dietary pollution, drawing them out of the skin.
- Kaolin has drawing, deep cleansing properties and reduces comedones.
- Olive Leaf Extract improves elasticity and hydrates tired skin.
- Rooibos Extract assists with detoxification and is a strong antioxidant
How to use
Use once a week or more often for skin that is exposed to environmental pollutants. Apply a generous layer to clean skin and allow to set in for at least 10 minutes. Rinse using a sponge or cotton cloth and warm water. Exfoliation prior to masking will assist in maximum penetration of actives.
The Esse Cream Mask
Antioxidant rich repair
This mask to formulated to feed and nourish the most dehydrated skins. It contains stable and available sources of Vitamins B, E and C that have been shown to improve skin structure, reduce pigmentation and aid cell regeneration. With the addition of Kigelia, the Cream Mask targets all needs of a stressed and ageing skin.
> all skin types
> skin ageing
- BIOME+ FORMULATION– Probiotic extracts shift microbial populations at the expense of pro-ageing species.
- It is hydrating and softening.
- It evens the skin tone.
- It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is regenerating and anti-ageing.
- This mask is formulated using 99% natural and 58% organic ingredients.
- Prebiotics (Inulin and Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharides) feed and strengthen the skin’s microbiome.
- Lactobacillus Extracts shift the skin’s micrombiome in a significant way.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate is a fat soluble derivative of Vitamin C that can penetrate the skin and deliver antioxidants faster than the water soluble forms of Vitamin C. Prevents cellular ageing by inhibiting the cross-linking of collagen, oxidation of proteins, and lipid peroxidation. Lightens, brightens and firms.
- Vitamin B5 (Panthenol) accelerates cell regeneration and improves moisturisation.
- Vitamin E is healing and regenerative.
- Kigelia Extract is firming, lifting and anti-melanoma.
- Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid is intensely moisturising and plumping.
How to use
Use once a week or more often if necessary. Apply a generous layer to clean, dry skin and allow to set in for at least 10 minutes. Rinse using a sponge or cotton cloth and warm water. It can also be used overnight as an effective treatment for pigmentation and is excellent for sun damage and sunspots. This mask is safe for use around the eyes. Exfoliation prior to masking will assist in maximum penetration of actives.